At the 2016 NAB Show, GatesAir continues its legacy of presenting educational thought leadership papers on trends and developments connected to over-the-air TV and radio broadcasting. It is just one of many ways that GatesAir Connects What’s Next for broadcasters worldwide.
Thursday, April 07, 2016
Tuesday, August 04, 2015
GatesAir has added another seven patent awards to its legacy of 238 previous US and Global patents, providing a foundation to improve signal quality and enhance technical efficiencies in the over-the-air broadcast architecture. The new patent awards illustrate the continued innovation of the industry’s pioneering over-the-air TV and radio solutions provider, with countless hours of hard work and dedication from the company’s leading scientists and engineers aimed at propelling the industry forward.
The full list of awarded patents and their recipients is as follows:
- Ted Staros, John Levieux:Method for reducing digital filter coefficient word size and apparatus therefor
- Junius Kim:Predictable coding delay over communication networks
- Geoff MendenhallOperation of an antenna on a second, higher frequency
- Jay Adrick:Systems and methods for presentation of digital media at a mobile platform
- Dmitri Borodulin, Kevin Berndsen:Linearization of heterogeneous power amplifier systems
- Dmitri Borodulin, George Cabrera:Broadband high efficiency amplifier system incorporating dynamic modulation of load impedance
- Dmitri Borodulin, George Cabrera:Push-Pull amplification systems and methods
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
St. Patrick’s Day has varied meanings for many people, but those who celebrate the day all share its festive spirit. Here at GatesAir, the lone March holiday brings a second reason to celebrate: The one-year anniversary of our company’s formation.
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
In the first three parts of our 4-part series, we looked at how spectrum repacking and the Incentive Auction will likely impact the broadcast industry, including estimating construction costs and timelines for new transmitters and tower site equipment. This process was introduced in the FCC’s latestReport Order issued June 2, 2014.
Monday, July 21, 2014
This month marks my one-year anniversary with Imagine Communications and GatesAir (formerly Harris Broadcast). I wanted to take a moment to reflect on how the company has transformed into the clear industry leader, and specifically our alignment with the media broadcast industry, our customers, channel partners and prospective customers.