At the 2016 NAB Show, GatesAir continues its legacy of presenting educational thought leadership papers on trends and developments connected to over-the-air TV and radio broadcasting. It is just one of many ways that GatesAir Connects What’s Next for broadcasters worldwide.
From Saturday through Tuesday, GatesAir executives and technologists will present nine papers as part of the Broadcast Engineering Conference. Topics include how the TV spectrum repack will affect both television and radio broadcasters, including RF plant preparations and an FCC spectrum auction update. Additionally, GatesAir thought leaders will present four papers around the next-generation ATSC 3.0 DTV standard, including advanced emergency alerting and an engineering focus on physical layer testing in the field. These are just some of the highlights.
The full list of presentations follows:
- Saturday April 16th – 10:45 - 11:10 am S219 – Jay Adrick is presenting on Advanced Emergency Alerting in ATSC 3.0
- Sunday April 17th – 11:30 – 12:00 pm S227 – Keyur Parikh and Junius Kim are presenting: Distribution of Analog or Digital FM Composite Multiplex Signals across IP Networks
- Sunday April 17th – 1:00 - 1:30 pm S219 – Jay Adrick is presenting: First Field Testing of the ATSC 3.0 Physical Layer
- Sunday April 17th – 1:30 - 2:00 pm S219 – Kevin Berndsen and Joe Seccia are presenting: ATSC 3.0 Waveform Impact on Your 8-VSB Transmitter
- Sunday April 17th – 5:00 - 5:30 pm S219 – Rich Redmond is presenting: ATSC 3.0 – It’s More than Just Television
- Monday April 18th – 10:30 – 12:00 pm S228 – Rich Redmond is presenting on Are We Really Ready for Repack?
- Tuesday April 19th – 10:00 – 10:30 pm S228 – Rich Redmond is presenting on Television Spectrum Repack – A Radio Perspective
- Tuesday April 19th – 2:30 – 3:00 pm S228 – Jay Adrick is presenting on Television Spectrum and Auction Update
- Tuesday April 19th – 3:00 – 3:30pm S227 – Martyn Horspool is presenting: Spectrum Repack - Your RF Plant and What to Consider
Please also join GatesAir at its 2016 NAB Show booth in the North Hall, Monday April 18th through Thursday April 21st at N2512.